Vision Control debuts Vicolux adaptive machine vision lighting
Adaptive lighting - in which the users themselves have control over the light and can custom design the precise arrangement – is the latest development of vicolux lighting from the house of Vision Control.
Every LED in the lighting unit can be individually set to one of 1024 brightness steps via mouse-click within a WINDOWS program or via the vicorem remote control code. The connection to the master computer is via a 100Mbit Ethernet interface. In this way, the lighting can be encapsulated within any equipment by use of its own IP address. The protocol for controlling the lighting is available free of charge.
Vicolux lighting from Vision Control, with its over 500 lighting components and countless possible combinations, stands for robust lighting in industrial Machine Vision.
Adaptive vicolux lighting enables time saving automatic lighting tracking, can avoid the necessity of using several different lighting units by its ability to adjust to different lighting scenarios and can serve as a cost-saving universal laboratory lighting.
The applications for adaptive lighting due to their extremely flexible control of light include:
- compensation of technical lighting effects such as cos4 lens vignetting
- compensation of brightness fall-off with depth
- equalisation of variations in brightness and interference from reflections in variably reflecting parts (surface inspection)
- for structured lighting
There are various forms of adaptive lighting: whether area, ring, line, shadow-free or free form, everything is possible. Components with a mixture of colours as well as lighting with diffuser plates or Fresnel lenses are also available. If short pulses of light are required, the lighting can be switched by the programming, or via the integrated PLC input, at down to 70µs.
In addition to this, vicolux lighting meets all the necessary requirements of industry-compatible Machine Vision:
- maximum brightness and homogeneity
- availability of all wavelengths typically employed for Machine Vision from UV to IR
- long operational lifetime due to excellent temperature management
- compact and robust design with integrated control
- switching times from 10µs to infinity
- ‘Power Flash’ version with the shortest flash time at down to 0.5µs
- optically de-coupled process interfaces
- adjustable brightness
- wide range of possible input voltages from 10 to 36 VDC for direct employment in unregulated industrial networks
The mechanical, electrical and light technology employed means that vicolux stands for robustness as well as for components that may be used safely due to the low voltages employed. Vicolux lighting saves on costs as solutions can be found by using the standard components available. They are straightforward to install and to operate and are available worldwide.
Vision & Control GmbH Pfuetschbergstraße 14 D-98527 Suhl, Germany Telephone: +49 36 81 / 79 74-0 Fax: +49 36 81 / 79 74-44