Burnley Football Club returns with Musco's LED sports lighting
Burnley recently earned its promotion back into the top-tier league in England after finishing first in the Football League Championship. Having previously installed a lighting system from Musco in 1996, club officials once again turned to the leader in sports lighting solutions for a system that would showcase an improved visual experience at Turf Moor, while meeting Premier League lighting requirements. Those needs were met with Musco’s SportsCluster Green™ LED sports lighting system.
The new floodlights provide several benefits at Turf Moor:
• Higher Light Quality – Increases light levels by 100 percent compared to the prior lighting equipment, while only increasing energy consumption by 20 percent
• Improved Broadcasts – Eliminates “flicker” effect for television broadcasts
• Focused Light – Creates a theatre-like atmosphere with customised optics to direct light on the pitch
• Visibility – Minimises glare, preventing light from shining into the eyes of players and spectators
• Lower Operating Costs – Provides instant on/off capabilities and dimming controls that allow for the light output to be adjusted when full power of the system is not required
• Special Effects Capabilities – Delivers theatrical special effects for pre-game and halftime lighting entertainment
In addition to the lighting at Turf Moor, the club has selected Musco’s LED sports lighting at its Gawthorpe Training Ground. Both systems will be covered by a 10-year long-term parts and labour warranty backed by a team of technicians that will eliminate maintenance costs for the next decade.
“We are excited to once again work with Burnley FC to provide the latest in sports lighting technology,” said Jeff Rogers, President of Musco World. “Our system will reduce energy costs, significantly improve television broadcast quality, and enhance the stadium experience for fans at Turf Moor.”
Turf Moor will become the latest Premier League stadium to feature a lighting system provided by the company. That list includes Arsenal FC’s Emirates Stadium (LED), AFC Bournemouth’s Vitality Stadium (LED), Middlesbrough FC’s Riverside Stadium (LED), Tottenham Hotspur FC’s White Hart Lane, and Stoke City FC’s Britannia Stadium.
About Musco Lighting
Since 1976, Musco Lighting has specialised in the design and manufacture of sports and large area lighting solutions around the world – pioneering systems using metal halide and LED technologies that have made dramatic improvements in energy efficiency and provided affordable ways to control spill light and glare. Permanent and temporary lighting solutions range from grassroots pitches to Olympic Games. Our global team of experts partner with customers to plan, complete, and maintain a cost-effective, trouble-free lighting solution for their facility.
Jason Van Wyk - Musco Lighting
+1 641 673 0411
Submit new products, case studies/projects, and other press releases at http://www.ledsmagazine.com/content/leds/en/addcontent.html.
More from Musco Lighting:
Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum shines under Musco's LED sports lighting system
Musco provides state-of-the-art LED sports lighting system at Seminole County Sports Complex