HeatSinkCalculator allows rapid, online thermal analysis and optimization of heat sinks
This simple yet powerful calculator allows the rapid design and analysis of heat sinks by novices and experts in thermal analysis. The key features of the calculator are:
• Simulation of the heat sink undergoing natural convection with the heat sink base in both the horizontal and vertical orientations
• Forced convection analysis with the input of a fixed volumetric flow rate, constant velocity or fan curve data points
• Variable heat sink emissivity to account for radiation
• Adjustable heat source size
• Dimensional optimization to automatically find the lowest temperature heat sink design
CFD analysis is an excellent tool that can be used to accurately analyze heat sinks in various flow conditions. However its main drawback is that it can be very time consuming especially if you are analyzing several design options or trying to figure out which design best meets your thermal requirement.
Submit new products, case studies/projects, and other press releases at http://www.ledsmagazine.com/content/leds/en/addcontent.html and http://www.ledsmagazine.com/content/leds/en/iif/add.html.