Date: June 27, 2013
Time: 11:00 AM EDT / 10:00 AM CDT / 8:00 AM PDT / 3:00 PM GMT
Presenter: Doug Rooks, Applications Director, West, Seoul Semiconductor, Inc.
LED manufacturers are increasingly targeting packaged LED designs for specific types of applications ranging from single-die components to high-voltage chip-on-board (COB) arrays that have large numbers of emitters tightly integrated to appear as a larger uniform light source. This webcast will look at examples of the different types of packaged LEDs and applications for the different designs.
Seoul Semiconductor manufactures and packages a wide selection of light-emitting diodes (LEDs) for the automotive, general illumination/lighting, appliance, signage, and backlighting markets. The company is the world’s fifth largest LED supplier, holding more than 10,000 patents globally, while offering a wide range of LED technology and production capacity in areas such as "nPola," deep-UV LEDs, "Acrich," the world’s first commercially produced AC LED, and "Acrich MJT - Multi-Junction Technology," a proprietary family of high-voltage LEDs.
The company's broad product portfolio includes a wide array of package and device choices such as AC driven LEDs, high-brightness LEDs, mid-power LEDs, side-view LEDs, through-hole type LED lamps, custom displays, and sensors.
The company is vertically integrated from epitaxial growth and chip manufacture in its fully owned subsidiary, Seoul Optodevice, through packaged LEDs and LED modules in three Seoul Semiconductor manufacturing facilities. Seoul Optodevice also manufactures a wide range of unique deep-UV wavelength devices. The packaged LEDs and LED modules are available in North America through Avnet Electronics, Digi-Key Corporation, and Mouser Electronics.
For more information visit: www.seoulsemicon.com.
- Digi-Key is an authorized distributor of electronic components for more than 650 industry-leading suppliers. This means Digi-Key customers can rest assured that the product they order is authentic and comes to Digi-Key directly from the manufacturer. Breadth of Product
- At any given time, more than 750,000 products are in stock and ready to be shipped from Digi-Key's headquarters in Thief River Falls, Minnesota, USA. That means there are no lead times for in-stock products.
- Having so many products in stock in our expandable distribution space of more than 800,000 square feet (74,322 square meters) allows us to ship 99% of all orders the same day they are placed. On average, Digi-Key ships nearly 13,000 orders per day.
- At Digi-Key, our goal is to provide a complete solution for your lighting project. In addition to the LEDs and light engines, we offer drivers, power supplies, and optics – both reflector and TIR. We also have several thermal solutions, both active and passive, as well as a host of other associated components, including connectors and protection devices designed specifically for solid-state lighting. Support/Resources
- Whether you need assistance finding the right part or recommendations for your design, Digi-Key’s customer service, applications engineers, and technical support teams and resources are at your disposal 24 hours a day , seven days a week via telephone, e-mail, or live web chat.
- Additional resources include product training modules, Another Geek Moment videos, TechZoneSM technology zones, PurchasingProSM, Scheme-itSM, design services providers, reference design library, BOM manager, resistor color code calculator, dynamic catalog, white papers, datasheets, and more.
- All of our solutions for solid-state lighting can be found on our Lighting Solutions TechZone at digikey.com/lighting. The Lighting TechZone not only provides information about the newest products, but also contains application notes, white papers, reference designs, and product training modules. The goal is to provide lighting engineers and designers with the tools to bring designs and products to market faster.
- With our focus on lighting, Digi-Key has brought together several world-class suppliers that provide all the components needed for your solid-state lighting project. Combining the breadth of lighting products with our technical support and design guidance, we are your one-stop for all your lighting needs.
For more information visit: www.digikey.com.
Doug Rooks is the applications director for the West at Seoul Semiconductor, Inc. He has worked for Seoul Semiconductor for over 3.5 years. He is responsible for the technical applications support of the LED products as well as customer application support from the driver, to the thermal analysis, and optical engineering support.
Prior to Seoul Semi he worked 10.5 years at Arrow Electronics as a field applications engineer supporting Avago and Cree LEDs as well as power/driver solutions from National Semi, Texas Instruments, ST Micro, and Cypress Semiconductor as well as a whole host of other product lines.
He graduated from the University of Missouri–Columbia in 1995 with a BS in Electrical Engineering and Computer Engineering.