The P2F (Push-to-Fix) SSL connector from BJB enhances production and performance for major lighting OEMs
News is spreading fast! BJB’s P2F (Push-to-Fix) fixing element is the highest quality method for attaching LED printed circuit boards into lighting fixtures on the market today. Since its release, the P2F SSL connector has seen incredible adoption from many of the leading OEMs (lighting manufacturers) all over the world. With measurable benefits to the overall cost, fixture production and performance in the field, the P2F is setting a higher quality standard for LED board fixation.
Designed for simple, push-in installation, the P2F SSL connector ensures permanent, contact pressure to the metal housing allowing for excellent heat dissipation. BJB’s unique solution is the industry’s first mechanical fixation element specifically designed for optimal attachment of LED PCB light sources, far surpassing metal threaded screws, plastic clips or adhesives.
A silicon ring compensates for thermal expansions and mechanical stresses – eliminating warping or cracking of the LED board.
The electrically insulating connection to the PCB is shock and vibration resistant. There is no need for a torque screwdriver system which has to be calibrated. The P2F can be installed quickly and securely by hand or with the aid of an installation tool.
It’s a snap! Optimize assembly, reduce cost and improve your fixture design with the P2F!
- Quick, push-in installation (manually by hand or with BJB bit tool)
- Permanent contact pressure (10-24 N)
- Electrically insulating connection to PCB
- Shock & vibration resistant
- 6 color-coded varieties indicate package thickness (1.5 – 4.0 mm)
General Product Information:
- Product Series Number: 28.901.U16X.XX
- Material: CrNi spring with silicon insulating ring
- Temp. rating: 80°C
- Ring diameter: ø 8.0 mm
- Push-in fixation
- Suitable for Zhaga certified LED modules.
- Eliminates potential damage from error prone screw assembly
- “Floating” connection offsets thermal tolerances of PCB
- Assembly without any additional tools possible
- Solutions for automation upon request
- Easily removable from top
Thickness of PCB &
BJB Part no Fixture Housing Ring Color Code
28.901.U162.10 1.5 - 2.0 mm transparent natural
28.901.U163.10 2.0 - 2.4 mm transparent yellow
28.901.U164.10 2.4 - 2.7 mm grey
28.901.U165.10 2.7 - 3.2 mm white
28.901.U166.10 3.2 - 3.6 mm blue
28.901.U169.10 4.0 mm transparent natural
Contact:BJB Electric, L.P.
+1 (706) 965-2526
Locate more SSL connector vendors in the LEDs Magazine Suppliers Directory
Submit new products, case studies/projects, and other press releases at http://www.ledsmagazine.com/content/leds/en/addcontent.html.
More from BJB:
BJB LED holders feature new assembly method for Bridgelux V Series arrays
BJB develops COB LED holders for Bridgelux V-Series arrays