Strategies in Light 2006 discusses applications beyond phones
The theme of next February's Strategies in Light conference is "Beyond Mobile Phones: Meeting the Challenges of a Changing LED Market."
Strategies in Light 2006, whose theme is “Beyond Mobile Phones: Meeting the Challenges of a Changing LED Market,” will provide insight into the emerging HB LED markets of automobile headlamps and backlights for larger LCD displays, as well as other major trends in applications, markets, products, and technologies that will affect the industry’s future.
Featured speakers will include:
* Jelm Franse from Philips Lighting
* Masaru Sasaki from Kioto Manufacturing Co.
*Peter Moran from Doll Capital Management
*James Brodrick from the US Department of Energy
*B.J. Lee from Epistar,
* Soo-Ghee Lee from Agilent Technologies
Also senior level executives from Adams Harkness, Cree, Boeing, LG Philips, Lumileds Lighting, Osram Opto Semiconductors, Permlight Products, Powstar Optoelectronics, RPI’s Lighting Research Center, TIR Systems, Seoul Semiconductor, Toyoda Gosei, Visoneered Image Systems, and Visteon Corporation will be presenting.
Other conference topics will focus on the following: illumination applications; LED video screens; aircraft lighting; supply trends in Asia; LED lifetime issues and standards; intellectual property issues; industry financing; national solid-state lighting programs, and more.
In addition, Robert Steele, conference chair and renowned forecaster from market research firm Strategies Unlimited, will present the HB LED Market Overview and Forecast.
As an additional feature, Strategies in Light 2006 will offer two pre-conference workshops:
* "Trends in Precision Measurements of LED Optical Properties" will be instructed by Alexandre Fong from Optronic Laboratories.
* "Real World Lighting: How LEDs Can Provide Cost-Effective Solutions for Today’s Lighting Requirements" will be presented by instructors from Philips Advanced Transformer, Lumileds Lighting, Hadco Landscape Products and Permlight Products.