The New Orleans Saints take steps toward sustainability with new Musco LED sports lighting systems
After opening its doors in 1975, the Superdome has showcased elite sporting events, hosting seven Super Bowls, five NCAA men’s basketball Final Fours, and numerous soccer, motocross, and boxing events.
The installation of the new lighting system brings many benefits to the Superdome:
• Improved Visibility – Custom designed optics focus the light on the field without creating glare for players and spectators
• Energy Efficiency – Reduces energy consumption by 82 percent when compared to the prior lighting equipment
• Instant Control – Instant on/off capabilities eliminate the typical warm up time associated with metal halide lamps
• Special Effects – Creates dynamic light shows for pregame and halftime entertainment
• Efficient Operation – Dimming controls allow operators to adjust light output when full power of the system is not required, further reducing energy consumption
• Unmatched Warranty – Eliminates maintenance costs and headaches with a parts and labor warranty, backed by a team of area technicians
“We’re excited to partner with Siemens to bring an energy-efficient solution to the Superdome,” said Jeff Rogers, Vice President of Musco. “From improving energy efficiency to aiding in the visual experience for spectators, our system ensures a win-win approach for the Saints.”
The Superdome joins an extensive list of facilities around the world that feature a state-of-the-art LED sports lighting solution provided by Musco. The list includes the Houston Texans’ NRG Stadium, the Dallas Cowboys’ AT&T Stadium, and the San Diego Padres’ Petco Park.
About Musco Lighting:
Since 1976, Musco Lighting has specialized in the design and manufacture of sports and large area lighting solutions around the world. Musco has pioneered systems using metal halide and LED technologies that have made dramatic improvements in energy efficiency and provided affordable ways to control spill light and glare. Permanent and temporary lighting solutions range from neighborhood pitches to Olympic Games. Musco has a global team of experts that partner with customers to plan, complete, and maintain a cost-effective, trouble-free lighting solution for their facility.
For more information on Musco’s innovative lighting solutions, visit: www.musco.com. You can also follow Musco on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube, and iTunes.
Jason Van Wyk - Musco Lighting
Submit new products, case studies/projects, and other press releases at http://www.ledsmagazine.com/content/leds/en/addcontent.html.
More from Musco Lighting:
Musco Lighting to enhance lighting efficiency at Vancouver International Airport with LED system
Notre Dame enhances fan experience and energy efficiency with new LED sports lighting system