Broadcast date: Available on-demand beginning on Monday, December 5, 2011
LED lifetime is strongly influenced by increased operating temperature, therefore thermal considerations need to be taken into account. This webcast describes a straightforward implementation of a thermal foldback technique for a linear constant current LED driver using low cost NTC sensing resistor.
You will learn:
• The effects of temperature on an LED circuit
• What is thermal foldback
• How to protect an LED and how to design circuitry providing thermal foldback functionality
SPONSOR: ON Semiconductor
Global corporate headquarters are in Phoenix, Arizona. The company operates a network of manufacturing facilities, sales offices, and design centers in key markets throughout North America, Europe, and the Asia Pacific regions. Revenue totaled $1.769 Billion in 2009.
• Enables energy-efficient solutions for a greener world,
• Provides a broad array of products and solutions,
• Operates a world-class, value added supply chain.