The new international terminal at the Atlanta Airport features energy-saving controls and fluorescent and metal-halide lighting.
+++ Features +++
Lighting in Atlanta Airport contributes to LEED Silver status
A mix of fluorescent and metal-halide lighting technologies combine with adaptive controls in the newest terminal at the Atlanta, GA airport.
Lighting for Tomorrow competition recognizes innovative SSL products
The 2012 Solid-State Lighting Residential Lighting Products Design Competition includes winning products in fixture, retrofit kit, and lamp categories.
Street and Area Lighting speakers focus on broad spectrum efficient lighting options
Ceramic metal halide, induction, and light emitting plasma sources can provide the benefits of broad-spectrum white light, and in some cases advantages over LED sources.
Commercial daylighting earns serious second looks
Electric energy savings achieved via the use of daylighting far outweigh thermal losses while the natural light can also increase worker productivity and wellbeing.
+++ Columns/departments +++
Lighting goes beyond illumination as products gain intelligence
- The Mall of America retrofits two garages with SSL
- Multidisciplinary research team creates underground daylighting exhibit
- GE Lighting and USG partner to integrate ceiling system and recessed lighting
- Philips Color Kinetics lights the San Francisco Bridge for 75th anniversary
- Amerlux and Peerless take bold and different approaches to indirect lighting