DOE anticipates making ~5-10 awards for specific advances in LED and OLED lighting under this round and says that awards will not exceed $600,000 per year for up to 3 years. The closing date for applications is June 19.
Full details of the funding call can be found here.
The release marks the fifth SSL Core Technology Research funding opportunity in a series expected to span a decade. Core Technology Research funding supports applied research in certain key technical areas by fostering a collaborative atmosphere favorable to overcoming the significant technical challenges that restrict the application of SSL.
The funding opportunity web page lists six specific areas of interest:
- Internal Quantum Efficiency
- Phosphors and Conversion Materials
- Encapsulants and Packaging Materials
- High Efficiency OLED Materials and Structures
- OLED Encapsulation and Substrates
- OLED Fabrication