Digital Lumens marks growth with 200M sq. ft of smart lighting systems in place
Boston, Mass. – Digital Lumens has announced that deployments of its enterprise-scale Intelligent LED Lighting System span 200 million square feet (20 million square meters) of commercial and industrial space. This represents 100% installed base growth in 2014, bringing the Internet of Things (IoT) to customers around the world.
“Global customers see intelligent lighting networks as a key part of the Internet of Things (IoT), and a critical element in their connected business strategy,” said Brian Chemel, CTO and Co-founder of Digital Lumens. “Lighting’s ubiquity and density in the built environment makes it the ideal platform for a sensor-driven infrastructure. This coupled with our deep analytics software drives radical energy efficiency and a broad range of building intelligence applications, including production, staffing, retail analytics, and space optimization.”
According to a recent survey conducted by Digital Lumens, which garnered responses from professionals in roles from CIO to facility manager, 75% of respondents cited intelligent lighting as a priority in 2015, and part of their IoT strategy.
“Our founding vision was to make all lights intelligent and, since the beginning, every Digital Lumens installation has been fully networked,” said Tom Pincince, President and CEO of Digital Lumens. “We are gratified to see the market shift to our perspective, and know that our products and partners will enable us to continue to outpace new entrants – be they startups or legacy lighting companies.”
In addition to broad deployment of its system, in the course of 2014, Digital Lumens:
- Unveiled the Intelligence Everywhere strategy, that maximizes lighting efficiency and operational intelligence, as well as new products, including:
* LightRules Insight, a cloud-based management solution that provides an integrated enterprise view of operations and energy usage across multiple facilities;
* The Digital Light Agent, a stand-alone controls solution that brings the intelligence of LightRules to any fixture. Announced first third-party integration with Philips Advance’s new LED driver family; and
* LLE Family, a new set of linear LED fixtures that serve commercial, industrial and retail applications;
- Raised $23 million in October from new investors (Nokia Growth Partners, Aster Capital and Goldman Sachs) and existing investors (Flybridge Capital Partners, Black Coral Capital, and Stata Venture Partners) to fund continued product and sales expansion;
- Doubled the patent portfolio for intelligent fixtures and controls, validating the value of the company’s innovations and durable differentiation;
- Expanded worldwide employee base by 40%, with plans to continue that rate in 2015;
- Opened European Logistics operations to complement locations in North America and Asia;
- Added Sales and Support resources in Singapore, Malaysia, Belgium, Italy, Portugal, and the UK;
- Received certification allowing products to be sold in China; and
- Received numerous company and product awards, including being named to the Global Cleantech 100 for a fifth consecutive year, receiving Product of the Year accolades from Environmental Leader, and receiving an innovation award from EC&M Magazine.
About Digital Lumens
Digital Lumens is a global supplier of enterprise-scale intelligent LED lighting systems for leading commercial and industrial customers, delivering 90% energy savings and a platform for building intelligence. With deployments of 200 million square feet (20 million square meters) of coverage across 40 countries, Digital Lumens brings the tangible benefits of Internet of Things (IoT) to commercial and industrial lighting environments.
Digital Lumens - Allison Parker
Submit new products, case studies/projects, and other press releases at http://www.ledsmagazine.com/content/leds/en/addcontent.html and http://www.ledsmagazine.com/content/leds/en/iif/add.html.