Allegro's boost converter IC is optimized to drive white LEDs
Allegro MicroSystems, Inc. has developed a high-frequency boost converter with constant current output, ideal for driving white LEDs or similar loads.
The A8430 comes in an ultra-thin 3x3 mm 5-lead QFN package only 0.75 mm high, and utilizes an industry-standard pinout and equivalent SOT-23-5 footprint - an easy drop-in replacement for competitive products.
Other features of the A8430 include:
- 2.5 V to 10 V input voltage
- Drives up to 4 LEDs at 20 mA from a 2.5 V supply
- Drives up to 5 LEDs at 20 mA from a 3.0 V supply
- 1.2 MHz switching frequency allows use of small external components
- 300 mA internal switch current limit
- LED brightness control
- Load current set by external feedback resistor
Allegro MicroSystems, Inc. is a supplier of advanced mixed-signal power semiconductors and Hall-effect sensors targeted toward the automotive, communications, computer/office automation, consumer and industrial markets. It maintains a leadership position in the integrated magnetic sensor and integrated motor driver product segments. With over 2,000 employees, Allegro is headquartered in Worcester, MA.