The trade show features more than 500 exhibitors, and its opening was preceded by the LFI Innovation Awards, with 228 entries representing the latest lighting-related products and designs introduced during the last 12 months.
The LFI Innovation Awards submissions spanned 14 categories, with each submission judged by an independent panel of lighting professionals. The winners were awarded for product entries that exemplify the best in innovative design and thinking.
The 2012 key award winners are:
- Cast Lighting (booth 5545)
LED Perimeter Light
Most Innovative Product of the Year – the program’s highest award, recognizing the most innovative new product.
- Sensitile Systems (booth 1839)
Fin Light Fixture
Design Excellence Award – recognizing outstanding achievement in design.
Juno Lighting Group by Schneider Electric (booth 2530)
Juno WarmDim LED downlights
WarmDim LED Downlights
Technical Innovation Award – recognizing the most forward-thinking advancement in lighting technology.
WarmDim technology features micro-processor controlled dimming that replicates the warmth of incandescent dimming.
- Lighting Science Group (booth 215)
Definity Motion Activated PAR 30
Judges’ Citation Award – special recognition of an innovative product at the judges’ discretion.
- 100 Square Feet: DASAL INDUSTRIES, #6532
- 200 to 300 Square Feet: LUMENETIX, #6641
- 400 to 500 Square Feet: AURORALIGHT, INC., #6735
- 600 to 800 Square Feet: US DOE SOLID-STATE LIGHTING, #813
- 900 Square Feet and Larger: TECH LIGHTING - GENERATION BRANDS, #3808
- Building Integration Pavilion: DIAL GmbH, #6015
- Daylighting Pavilion: HOMERUN HOLDINGS, INC. - QMOTION SHADES, #5715
- Design Pavilion: XAL INC., #1639
- Global Light + Design Pavilion: MP LIGHTING, INC., #1930
- New Exhibitor Pavilion: PINNACLE ARCHITECTURAL LIGHTING, INC., #419