Energy Star Luminaires specification requires comments
Comments for the proposed Energy Star specifications for Luminaires are due later this month.
A webinar on the proposed Energy Star Luminaires specification was hosted last week (June 8, 2010) by the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). The webinar presentation materials can by downloaded from the Energy Star Luminaires website.
The first draft of the new Energy Star specifications for Luminaires was unveiled in May.
The proposed timeline for this Energy Star specification revision process is as follows:
- Luminaires Draft 1 release: May 7, 2010
- Luminaires Draft 1 comment period close: COB June 21, 2010
- Luminaires Draft 2 release: July 2010, followed by a comment period
- Luminaires Draft 3 release: August 2010, followed by a comment period
- Luminaires Final specification: September 2010
- Luminaires specification effective date: June 2011
EPA said that many questions were addressed during the webinar, but anyone with additional questions can contact Alex Baker (tel. 202-343-9272).