Highlights of the Second Edition:
- Provides an up-to-date and comprehensive review of optoelectronic LED and silicon sensor technology—from theories, to fabrication, to packaging
- Reviews technological advancements in silicon electronics made over the last two decades
- Covers ultraviolet LED technology—and market applications for this high growth area
- Includes an applications section organized by industry: general industrial, automotive, military, consumer, medical, telecommunications, and SSL
- Investigates visible LED technology and the ways to produce white LED light for conversion to solid state lighting (SSL) from conventional incandescent and mercury based lamps
Edited by William Nunley and Dave Birtalan, this new edition updates and expands on its 1987 predecessor. Experts responsible for many advances in the field write the chapters that provide engineers with a fundamental understanding and the technical information that they can use as technicians or build upon for their own design.
ISBN 978-1-4200-6780-4. Contact: email@example.com.
"Photonics Essentials, 2nd Edition"
The author, Thomas Pearsall, is General Secretary of EPIC, the European Photonics Industry Consortium. With more than 80 member organizations and 400 associate members, EPIC is the major photonics industry organization in Europe, supporting developments in solid-state lighting, telecommunications, lasers, biophotonics and sensors and displays.
The book stresses hands-on measurements techniques common to all photonics devices with numerous worked examples of measurement and characterization problems. Filled with these real-world examples that feature commercially available instruments, this practice-based book enables readers to analyze, characterize, and handle any kind of photonic device. The 2nd edition is thoroughly revised and contains a new chapter on OLEDs for display and lighting applications.
The table of contents is:
- Ch.1 Introduction
- Ch.2 Electrons and Photons
- Ch.3 Photodiodes
- Ch.4 Electrical Response Time of Diodes
- Ch.5 Photoconductivity
- Ch.6 Light-Emitting Diodes
- Ch.7 Organic Light-Emitting Diodes
- Ch.8 Lasers
- Ch.9 Direct Modulation of Laser Diodes
- Ch.10 Optical Fibers and Optical Fiber Amplifiers
- Ch.11 Measurements in Photonics
- Ch.12 Experimental Photonics: Device Characterization in the Laboratory