Winners announced for Lighting for Tomorrow 2009 competition
Cree LED Lighting and Philips Color Kinetics were the Grand Prize winners for the SSL section of the Lighting for Tomorrow competition.
|Philips Color Kinetics eW Cove Powercore|
There are several aspects of the competition, with one section specifically for solid-state lighting (SSL), in which twenty-six companies submitted 43 models. The SSL division of the competition was expanded this year to include a wider range of applications.
A panel of 11 judges from various areas of the lighting industry evaluated the entries based on color appearance, color rendering, efficiency, innovation, and other criteria.
|Cree LED Lighting High Output Six Inch Downlight|
- Cree LED Lighting: High Output Six Inch Downlight (see Cree press release)
- Philips Color Kinetics: eW Cove Powercore
- Light Distribution—MaxLite LED Architect Flat Panel
- Versatility—Lightolier Calculite Solid-State
- Ease of Installation—Creative Systems Lighting Eco Counter
- High Efficiency—Cree LED Lighting High Efficacy Six Inch Downlight
- Technical Innovation—Cree LED Lighting SSL Track Fixture