Over 300 participants are expected to attend the conference, bringing together a diverse array of global players from the lighting industry, international financial institutions, private developers, government agencies, and non-governmental organizations.
Lighting Africa 2008 is part of the broader Lighting Africa Program managed by the World Bank Group and operated in conjunction with a range of global partners (see end of article). The program seeks to support the industry in reaching 250 million customers with modern, affordable lighting by 2030.
The conference provides a unique opportunity to share market and industry knowledge, establish strategic business partnerships, and gain the skills, tools, and capacity to tap into this new market area.
Registration for the conference and the trade fair is free of charge, but places are limited. For more information and to register, visit: Lighting Africa.
The Lighting Africa 2008 program includes:
- Lighting Africa Conference and Knowledge Exchange: Gain access to cutting edge information that will help you tap into the African off-grid lighting market, including market intelligence, financing facilitation, business planning, quality assurance, and more.
- Lighting Africa Development Marketplace (DM) Competition: Meet the 54 shortlisted finalists of our innovative lighting competition, learn about their proposed solutions for bringing modern lighting to off-grid populations, and pick you favorite DM winner.
- Lighting Africa Trade Fair: Showcase your products and services to potential business partners and see what your global colleagues are doing to promote and deliver innovative lighting products and services around the world. Companies interested in exhibiting their products and services can sign up on the Lighting Africa 2008 website.
- Business-to-Business Networking Opportunities: Make new contacts, broaden your business network, and establish strategic business partnerships.
- Site Visits to Local Communities: Meet consumers and view first hand the need for improved lighting and the vast potential of this new and exciting market.