Barco’s digital billboard is environmentally friendly in several ways:
- An ambient environment controller (AEC-4000) automatically adjusts screen brightness to match day or night conditions, and a tilted LED configuration reduces skyward light pollution by 26%.
- The product components of the RoHS-compliant digital billboard contain no lead, mercury, cadmium, Cr6, PBB or PBDE.
- The DB-x20 achieves low power consumption through the efficient use of long-life components that produce less heat and require no heating, ventilation or air conditioning (HVAC).
- Added power factor correction (PFC) reduces impact on power networks, conserving energy.
- Electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) ensures that DB-x20 operates in a self-contained field, unaffected by electrical devices and causing no harm to other devices like cell phones or medical equipment.
The DB-x20 comes with a redundant power supply system that delivers continuous power to all tiles even in the event of a failed power supply. Where other billboards deliver only a black tile, DB-x20 immediately re-routes backup power, allowing continuous delivery of key information (logos, phone numbers, etc.), ensuring continuous content and eliminating the need to dispatch a technician during overtime hours.
Remote monitoring software (RMS-1) collects all key performance data of the DB-x20 in the control center for comprehensive management of the digital billboard. Diagnostic information includes power, brightness, temperature, run time, errors, failed LEDs and more.