As usual, the winners of the LFI Innovation Awards were announced before the show floor opened. This year, LFI received 239 submissions for the 14 designated categories, and each product was judged by an independent panel of renowned lighting professionals.
In related news, GE announced the winner of its 28th annual GE Edison Award.
The LFI Innovation Awards winners were awarded for product entries that exemplify the best in innovative design and thinking. The 2011 key award winners are:
- Most Innovative Product of the Year
Revel™ by Acuity Brands
This is the program’s highest award, recognizing the most innovative new product.
- Design Excellence Award
Low-Voltage LED Wall Wash/Flood by Tech Lighting-Generation Brands
Recognizing outstanding achievement in design.
- Technical Innovation Award
LUXEON A by Philips Lumileds
Recognizing the most forward-thinking advancement in lighting technology.
- Judges’ Citation Award
IES Lighting Handbook 10th Edition by the IES
Special recognition of an innovative product at the judges’ discretion.
Other award winners:
Lumenpulse Lumenbeam LBX wins LFI Innovation Award for Best Floodlights, Theatrical, Specialty Luminaires.
Best booth winners:
LFI has also awarded nine exhibitors that excelled in visual booth display and product presentation. New this year, LFI created an award for each of the four unique pavilions on the show floor in addition to the traditional size of booth categories. The 2011 Best Booth winners are:
• Crestron in the Building Integration Pavilion
• Solatube International in the Daylighting Pavilion
• Sensitile Systems in the Design Pavilion
• Contrast Lighting, Inc. in the Global Light + Design Pavilion
• Lux Dynamics in 100 square feet
• Structura, Inc. in 200 to 300 square feet
• Visual Lighting Technologies in 400 to 500 square feet
• Xicato in 600 to 800 square feet
• Philips Color Kinetics in 900 square feet and larger
The LIGHTFAIR International show and conference continues in its new location at the Pennsylvania Convention Center in Philadelphia through Thursday, May 19. Onsite registration is welcomed. For more information, visit www.lightfair.com.
LIGHTFAIR International is sponsored by the Illuminating Engineering Society (IES) and the International Association of Lighting Designers (IALD). The event is produced and managed by AMC, Inc.