We are excited to announce the Delight in Light Finalists for 2014. With over 40 designs submitted nearly 6,000 votes cast, 8 finalists have been selected.
• Max Ashford with Quercus, Sustainable Product Design Student from Falmouth University
• Kate Caven with Fortryllet, BA (Hons) Product Design Student from Edinburgh Napier University
• Becky Creed with Turned Paper Lighting, BA (Hons) Contemporary Crafts Graduate from Falmouth University
• Oliver Hammond with Mantis, BA Furniture and Product Design Student from Nottingham Trent University
• Peter Iveson with Study Bright, Product Design Graduate from Dundee University
• Callan Jones, Thinking inside the box, BA Product Design Student from Sheffield Hallam University
• Alison Smith with Geometric Pendant Lighting, BA (Hons) Decorative Arts Graduate from Nottingham Trent University
• Andrea Vargas with Corde, MA Art and Design Practice Student from Bucks New University
Study Bright by Peter Iveson received the most on line votes with over 800 votes cast.
Thank you to the Judges; Peter Hunt, Chief Operating Officer at the Lighting Industry Association and Head Judge and Simon Terry, Innovation and Brand Director at Anglepoise for their time and support.
The finalist will exhibit their designs at 100% design (17-20 September, Earls Court) where visitors to the show are invited to vote for their favourite design.
The top designs will go forward to present at the Public Final, held on the 20 September. The Winner will be announced at 100% design.
These awards are organised by The Lighting Industry Association and sponsored by Anglepoise
The Lighting Industry Association’s mission is to strengthen the industry and promote the benefits of good quality lighting by representing all aspects of UK, EU and international legislation and standards at the highest level whilst protecting the interests of both the public and members. The Lighting Industry Association brings together over 175 years of knowledge and experience to represent and strengthen the industry.
Jo Jackson - The Lighting Industry Association
Submit new products, case studies/projects, and other press releases at http://www.ledsmagazine.com/content/leds/en/addcontent.html and http://www.ledsmagazine.com/content/leds/en/iif/add.html.