COSMO LENSES are Low Profile Lenses, a family of optics specially designed for COB LEDs with LES ranging from 6mm to 22mm Ø. Available in 3 sizes - 50mm, 70mm, 90mm – they meet the requirements of MR16, PAR30, AR111 standards. They are realized with a very thin lateral profile. The typical TIR-Fresnel design reduces significantly the lens height, resulting in a unique "Low Profile" design. Depending on the model, height ranges from 10 mm of the 50 mm diameter version, to 14 mm of the 70 mm diameter version, up to 18 mm of the 90 mm diameter version.
Each diameter size is available with three beam angles: Narrow, Medium, Wide. The viewing angle degree of the light beam as well as the field angle depend on the size of the LES of the COB LED you will use.
The FROSTED FINISH of the NARROW BEAM VERSION of each model brings a matt effect that prevents the light from the LED from reflecting directly and makes the light flux smooth and diffused. Instead of a lustrous shine, light scatters about the surface of the lens so delivering a soft glow for a soothing light.
They produce a clean and well-defined beam while spreading the light evenly over the entire surface to be illuminated.
The lighting applications where you can use the newest COSMO lenses with frosted finish are many and diverse. They are perfect for luminaires serving as lighting fixtures for different kinds of environments and living spaces, such as shops, offices or any interior rooms like living rooms or dining rooms or bedrooms, in hotels and at home.
COSMO Lenses are based on a typical TIR-Fresnel lens design; the optic divides the light emitted by the LED in multiple sectors instead of spreading it over a single surface. The luminous flux is so distributed homogenuously on the surfaces, resulting in a supreme uniformity of the illuminating surface. Moreover, the exploiting of the entire output surface results in a very uniform and well-balanced light beam which considerably helps the glare reduction.
Every model of COSMO lenses can be equipped with a holder, available in 2 colours, clear and black, enabling easy mounting on the heatsink. Anyway, COSMO lenses also allow a standalone assembly by leveraging the mechanical parts of the lighting fixture.
COSMO lenses exhibit an excellent optical performance, up to 90% efficiency, and offer a unique compact design for demanding applications such as recessed lighting or spot lighting, where reduced size and utmost illumination, uniform and without any glaring effect, are crucial elements.
• Lenses: PMMA 8N Clear; -40°C …. 90°C
• Optical Design: Low Profile - TIR-Fresnel Lens Design
• Beam Angles: Narrow (12° to 19°); Medium (25° to 33°); Wide (35° to 45°). The viewing angle degree of the light beam as well as the field angle depend on the size of the LES of the COB LED you will use.
The NARROW BEAM versions of COSMO Series are available also with FROSTED FINISH.
Produce a clean and well-defined beam while spreading the light evenly over the entire surface to be illuminated.
• Lenses Size: 50 mm Ø – h 10 mm ; 70mm Ø – h 14 mm ; 90mm Ø – h 18 mm; designed to meet the requirements of MR16, PAR30, AR111 standards.
• Designed for COB LEDs with LES size from 6mm to 22 mm diameter:
- 50 mm Ø: characterized on 6mm LES size, it works with all COB LEDs with LES from 6 to 10mm
- 70 mm Ø: characterized on 13 mm LES size, it works with all COB LEDs with LES from 13 to 15 mm
- 90 mm Ø: characterized on 19 mm LES size, it works with all COB LEDs with LES from 19 to 22 mm
• Holder made of PC; -40° ... 120°C. Available in 2 colours, clear and black. The holder is optional and is supplied on request.
COSMO Lenses also allow a standalone assembly by leveraging the mechanical parts of the lighting fixture.
TYPICAL APPLICATIONS: INDOOR LIGHTING, ARCHITECTURAL & GENERAL LIGHTING
• Shop light
• Ceiling Mounted Luminaires
• Recessed Fixture
• Spot Lighting and Projectors
• Track lighting luminaires
• Accent lights
Some key points:
- Full range of beam angles. The newest versions of narrow beam with frosted finish are excellent for
short distance lighting.
- Make the light flux smooth, diffused and very homogeneous. They are perfect for luminaires
serving as lighting fixtures for different kinds of environments and living spaces.
- Great illumination and uniform lighting.
- Easy to install thanks to the double possibility of mounting, either by using its proper holder or
standalone mounting by using the mechanical parts of the lighting fixture.
COSMO LENSES offer the possibility of creating a lighting project that meets the requirements of the optical engineering while allowing the architectural design to be fully realized.
Khatod aims to deliver its customers the best in LED lensing, products and technologies that far surpass the traditional ones. Continuous Innovation together with High Project Potential are essential key points allowing Khatod to be always on the leading edge of product innovation.