ON Semiconductor launches GreenPoint® interactive online design simulation tool
New simulation tool accelerates and simplifies the development of high-efficiency LED lighting solutions
PHOENIX, Ariz. and PORTLAND, Ore. –– ON Semiconductor (Nasdaq: ONNN) a premier supplier of high performance, energy efficient silicon solutions for green electronics, together with Transim Technology, the leading provider of online design solutions for the semiconductor industry, today launched its interactive GreenPoint® online design simulation tool for high-efficiency LED based lighting applications.
The GreenPoint design tool is an interactive online design and verification environment that assists in accelerating the board design of solid state lighting solutions. Utilizing a user’s design requirements – such as LED configuration, voltage, current or switching frequency – the GreenPoint design tool automatically calculates optimum circuit configuration and selects appropriate values for inductors and capacitors. The resulting design is displayed as an interactive online schematic. The GreenPoint design tool then enables testing of the suggested solution using Transim’s proprietary WebSIM® technology. Essentially, it is a virtual online test bed that provides a variety of analyses, which enables engineers to effectively and efficiently test the performance of the solution.
Once the design has been verified, the GreenPoint Design Tool generates a Bill of Materials and a comprehensive design report including simulation results, schematic, and design data. ON Semiconductor’s e-commerce tools are integrated with the GreenPoint Design Tool, which allows users to pick and choose vendor parts for a qualified bill of materials. Designs can be saved and shared for future reference and further modification in the user’s secure and private workspace.
“The market for solid state lighting continues to grow as new and traditional manufacturers look to capitalize on the performance, cost, reliability and efficiency benefits that LEDs offer over conventional alternatives,” said Laurent Jenck, director of ON Semiconductor’s LED Lighting segment. “The new GreenPoint design tool enables designers of new and emerging lighting applications to dramatically reduce development times by providing an easily accessible design environment from the convenience of their desks.”
“We are very pleased to be able to partner with ON Semiconductor in developing a powerful online design tool to support high-efficiency LED-based lighting applications," said Birgit Knorr, president and CEO of Transim Technology.
GreenPoint Design Tool parts initially available for online design:
• CAT4201 - 350 mA High Efficiency Step Down LED Driver
• NCL30000 - Power Factor Corrected Triac Dimmable LED Driver
• NCP1010 - 100 mA peak current, 22 Ohm current mode regulator with spread spectrum operation
• NCP1011 - 250 mA peak current, 22 Ohm current mode regulator with spread spectrum operation
• NCP1012 - 250 mA peak current, 11 Ohm current mode regulator with spread spectrum operation
• NCP1013 - 350 mA peak current, 11 Ohm current mode regulator with spread spectrum operation
• NCP1014 - 450 mA peak current, 11 Ohm current mode regulator with spread spectrum operation
• NCP1529 - 1.7 MHz, 1 A, High Efficiency Step-down Converter
• NCP3065 - Multi-topology switching regulator for LEDs
• NCP3066 - Multi-topology switching regulator for LEDs, with on/off function
• NSI45020A - 45 V, 20 mA ± 10%, 460 mW SOD-123 package, Constant Current Regulator & LED Driver
• NSI45025A - 45 V, 25 mA ± 10%, 460 mW SOD-123 package, Constant Current Regulator & LED Driver
• NSI45025AZ - 45 V, 25 mA ± 10%, 1.4 W SOT-223 package, Constant Current Regulator & LED Driver
• NSI45030A - 45 V, 30 mA ± 10%, 460 mW SOD-123 package, Constant Current Regulator & LED Driver
• NSI45030AZ - 45 V, 30 mA ± 10%, 1.4 W SOT-223 package, Constant Current Regulator & LED Driver
More parts will be added in the near future.
To access the GreenPoint Design Tool, logon at www.onsemi.com.
About ON Semiconductor
ON Semiconductor (Nasdaq: ONNN) is a premier supplier of high performance, energy efficient, silicon solutions for green electronics. The company's broad portfolio of power and signal management, logic, discrete and custom devices helps customers efficiently solve their design challenges in automotive, communications, computing, consumer, industrial, LED lighting, medical, military/aerospace and power applications. ON Semiconductor operates a world-class, value-added supply chain and a network of manufacturing facilities, sales offices and design centers in key markets throughout North America, Europe, and the Asia Pacific regions. For more information, visit http://www.onsemi.com.
GreenPoint reference designs from ON Semiconductor enable more efficient systems by establishing the feasibility of meeting emerging energy efficiency standards with existing technology, and by setting performance benchmarks. As well as the new designs for solid state lighting, GreenPoint reference designs are available for ATX, DTA, STB, CRT TV, and LCD TV power supplies; and 5 W, 16 W, 40 W, 60 W, 90 W and 200 W power adapters. To acquire documentation packages visit www.onsemi.com/greenpoint.
About Transim Technology
Transim is the worldwide leader in developing online design and support solutions for manufacturers of analog and mixed-signal products, microcontrollers, motor drives and other complex technical products. Corporate headquarters are located in Portland, Oregon. For more information, see www.transim.com.
# # #
ON Semiconductor and the ON Semiconductor logo are registered trademarks of Semiconductor Components Industries, LLC. All other brand and product names appearing in this document are registered trademarks or trademarks of their respective holders. Although the company references its Web site in this news release, such information on the Web site is not to be incorporated herein.
Eric Glatfelter Media Relations ON Semiconductor (602)-244-7143 Ken Rizvi M&A,Treasury & Investor Relations ONSemiconductor (602) 244-3437 email@example.com