OPTEK's family of UV LEDs provide uniform optical light patterns
CARROLLTON, TX (February 16, 2009) -- Providing design engineers with devices capable of uniform optical light patterns over an extended temperature range, TT electronics OPTEK Technology has developed a family of ultraviolet LEDs in the UV-A spectrum. Designated the OUE8A Series, the UV LEDs are offered in a variety of wavelengths and housed in hermetic TO-46 metal can packages.
"The OUE8A Series UV LEDs eliminate any environmental concerns associated with the disposal of traditional mercury UV lamps," said Alan Bennett, vice president of sales for OPTEK Technology. "Not only do these devices allow customers to target specific applications with the narrow wavelength emission, but they are able to do so while eliminating any mercury hazard."
The UV LEDs are ideal for medical and industrial applications including phototherapy treatment, dental applications, fluorescence and ultraviolet-visible spectroscopy; photo-catalyst curing of inks, coatings and adhesives; as well as paper currency and document validation.
Additional applications for the OUE8A Series UV LEDs include aircraft coatings and biohazard detection equipment/systems, skin dermatology, forensics, and automotive oil, A/C, and fluid detection.
The OUE8A Series UV LED family includes:
· OUE8A380Y1 - peak wavelength ranges from 375nm to 380 nm, with an optical power output range of 1.8mW to 8.1mW;
· OUE8A385Y1 - peak wavelength ranges from 380nm to 385nm, with an optical power output of 1.8mW to 8.1mW;
· OUE8A390Y1 - peak wavelength ranges from 385nm to 390nm, with an optical power output of 1.8mW to 8.1mW;
· OUE8A395Y1 - peak wavelength ranges from 390nm to 395nm, with an optical power output of 3.1mW to 9.8mW;
· OUE8A400Y1 - peak wavelength ranges from 395nm to 400nm, with an optical power output of 5.8mW to 13.4mW;
· OUE8A405Y1 - peak wavelength ranges from 400nm to 405nm, with an optical power output of 5.8mW to 13.4mW;
· OUE8A410Y1 - peak wavelength ranges from 405nm to 410nm, with an optical power output of 5.8mW to 13.4mW;
· OUE8A415Y1 - peak wavelength ranges from 410nm to 415nm, with an optical power output of 7.3mW to 15.4mW;
· OUE8A420Y1 - peak wavelength ranges from 415nm to 420nm, with an optical power output of 7.3mW to 15.4mW;
· OUE8A425Y1 - peak wavelength ranges from 420nm to 425nm, with an optical power output of 7.3mW to 15.4mW.
All of OPTEK's UV LED devices have an 18º typical half power emission angle and a pulsed forward current of 1.6A. Operating temperature ranges from -40ºC to +85ºC. The OUE8A Series UV LEDs are RoHS compliant and ESD protected for reliable operation.
Typical pricing for the OUE8A Series UV LEDs is approximately $11.40 each in quantities of 100 pieces. Lead time, if stock is not available, is from 6 to 8 weeks.
OPTEK is a leading manufacturing and solutions provider for sensing and illumination covering the infrared, visible and ultraviolet spectrum; with standard as well as application specific products for a variety of markets, including, but not limited to office machines, industrial equipment, encoders, automotive electronics, military and high-reliability applications, medical diagnostic equipment and solid-state lighting. Headquartered in Carrollton, TX, the company is ISO/TS16949:2002 and BS EN ISO 9001:2000 certified, as well as ITAR registered. OPTEK Technology was acquired by TT electronics in December 2003.
About TT electronics plc
TT electronics plc is a global electronics company manufacturing a broad range of advanced electronic components, assemblies and sensor modules for the automotive, industrial, telecommunication, computer and aerospace markets.
Jim Plaster, Senior Staff Engineer OPTEK Technology 1645 Wallace Dr. Carrollton, TX, 75006 Ph: 972-323-2200 In Europe, contact: JP Delaporte at firstname.lastname@example.org In Asia, contact: T.H. Swee at email@example.com