Lighting Science Group announces global outdoor product suite
-- Energy efficient LED lighting for parking areas, roadways, city streets, and other outdoor areas
NEW YORK, NY - Lightfair (Booth #247) -- Lighting Science Group Corporation (OTCBB: LSCG) (Lighting Science), introduced its new light-emitting diode (LED) outdoor product range that delivers energy efficient and environmentally beneficial solutions for communities worldwide. With this product range, Lighting Science will help cities, universities and other public and private institutions reduce energy and maintenance costs.
Solid state lighting solutions offer increased light intensity, uniform light distribution, and better color rendering when compared to traditional lighting sources, enabling users to experience the visual comfort of high-quality lighting. LED lighting products use significantly less energy when compared to traditional metal halide and fluorescent lighting technology. LED lighting is also an environmentally responsible choice because it contains no hazardous materials such as mercury.
“Lighting accounts for a significant part of commercial and municipal energy consumption. LED lighting is energy efficient and environmentally sustainable, which helps the public and commercial sectors achieve their energy management goals” said Govi Rao, Chairman and CEO of Lighting Science.
The new product suite includes the following lighting fixtures:
• Roadway: The roadway fixture is a replacement for existing cobra head-style HID fixtures. It provides better uniformity while reducing energy consumption and maintenance costs for highways, city streets, parking lots and college campuses.
• Area Light: The shoe box style fixture is a replacement for existing HID area lighting fixtures providing better uniformity while reducing energy consumption and maintenance costs for parking lots, walkways and public areas.
• Wall Pack: The wall pack fixture provides perimeter and security lighting for the public around commercial buildings, schools and industrial facilities.
• BAYLUME: The BAYLUME is an industrial fixture designed for applications that require 24/7 operations such as parking garages, warehouses, and manufacturing facilities.
• Flat Low Bay: The Flat Low Bay is an industrial fixture designed for applications that require 24/7 operations such as parking garages and canopy lighting.
All products in this suite are on display at Lighting Science’s booth (#247). The flat low bay, wall pack and BAYLUME products are available immediately, while other products will be available in the second half of 2009. For additional product information, please visit www.lsgc.com.
About Lighting Science
Lighting Science Group Corporation (www.lsgc.com) innovates, designs, manufactures and markets LED lighting solutions for consumer and professional applications that are environmentally friendlier and less costly to operate than traditional lighting products. LSG’s LED lighting devices are engineered to enhance lighting performance, reduce energy consumption, lower maintenance costs and eliminate the use of hazardous materials. LSG is at the forefront of research and development of LED luminaires and customized LED lighting solutions for architectural and artistic projects. LSG has offices in: Westampton, New Jersey; Sacramento, California; Satellite Beach, Florida; Dallas, Texas; Tokyo, Japan; Goes, The Netherlands; Buckinghamshire, England; and Sydney, Australia. More information about Lighting Science Group is available at www.lsgc.com.
Media Contact: Vera Newhouse Edelman for Lighting Science Group Tel: 212-819-4878 Email: email@example.com Investor Contact: Steve Hamilton 214-382-3650 firstname.lastname@example.org