Signify Wows Retailers at ‘The Greatest Lightshow’
The latest LED Showcase Set to Brighten and Revolutionise Retailers’ Stores with Diverse Lighting Choices
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia – Signify (Euronext: LIGHT) has premiered its LED Showcase for 2019 focusing on mixing bright lights with the whimsical, circus-like aesthetic of The Greatest Showman. Dubbed The Greatest Lightshow, the event showcased the brightest and newest lights Signify has to offer in an exhibition exclusive to its retailers. The new products join the pantheon of the EyeComfort range which ranges from LED bulbs, outdoor and indoor lighting fixtures.
The Greatest Lightshow saw Signify’s list of retailers attending the event with a number of them concentrated in lighting fixtures industries. Signify geared the event towards their long-standing retailers who housed Signify’s many products such as the 3Sekawan trio and the new, upcoming range in the third quarter of 2019.
Signifying a New Horizon
The latest products were geared towards improving the pillars of retail, hospitality and office. Through the LED Showcase, the retailers were encouraged to partner to bring Signify’s innovation into various ventures which are tailored towards the lighting solutions in security, gardening, and interior designing.
Signify Chief Executive Officer for ASEAN Alok Ghose said at the event: “Signify is entering exciting times where we are working to launch new brands in the market which will help retailers grow their businesses and profits. It’s not only about innovations, it about how we bring the products to life and this is a goal to make things simpler and more effective. New campaigns and new activations will be in place to bring customers to retailers’ shores.”
New Kids on the Block
The new products were part of the EyeComfort range which focuses on reducing carbon emissions and providing lighting that is gentle on the eyes. Signify created the EyeComfort range based on the parameters of lighting that will enhance every room's brightness while having non-visible flickering.
The EyeComfort range speciality lies in providing gentleness on the eyes that are showcased through lighting that has reduced glare and eliminates ‘blue light hazard’ which is harmful to retinas. The new Philips Lighting Essential SmartBright LED products fit in these parameters and its specialised features aid in the reduction of visual discomfort, a hallmark of the range. Another feature for lighting fixtures that Signify aims to push forward would be built-in PIR sensors, especially for the floodlight units which factors into the energy-saving aspect to ensure optimum visibility whether dark or light.
The latest products support Signify’s vision to be the world leader in lighting. Every pillar of the company’s core focus is covered with these new launches, ranging from hospitality, retail, office and industry. The new releases were celebrated in this fashion and showcased to the suppliers at another hall, where the retailers could witness firsthand the application of the products.
The products released in the second quarter of 2019 are listed below.
Outdoor Lighting Solutions
Solar Portable Lantern LifeLight
- RCP: RM189.00 ; RM199.00
- Available with three light modes, mobile charging, and a battery charge indicator.
Essential SmartBright G3 LED Floodlight
- RCP: RM29.90 ; RM49.00 ; RM69.90 ; RM109.90 ; RM159.90
- The product has a textured tempered glass, and is able to operate in a wide ambient temperature range from -40°C to +50°C.
- detection angle.
Essential SmartBright G3 LED Security Light
- RCP: RM 108.00 ; RM168.00
- A motion sensor security light with built-in PIR sensor and Lux sensor with a 120-degree wide
Essential SmartBright Portable Worklight (Rechargeable)
- RCP: RM280.00 ; RM396.00
- A working site light that comes in three colours which are portable, rechargeable and energy-saving.
Essential SmartBright LED Spotlight (Landscape)
- RCP: RM48.50 ; RM57.50 ; RM81.00 ; RM92.50
- High-quality tempered glass, robust design, and precise PPMA optics for light distribution.
SmartBright LED Streetlight HP
- RCP: RM149.00
- Designed for community road use, up to 50% energy saving, and long life of as compared to FTL/CFL street lights.
Indoor Lighting Solutions
- RCP: RM98.90
- Has a lifetime of 30,000 hours, with a teardrop design and metallic silver finishing.
Ceiling Secure 14W 18W
- RCP: RM54.90; RM59.90
- A mid-segment synthetic downlight, 15000 burning hours, with 80 lumens per watt.
Star Surface Ultra Slim Surface Mount 12W 18W
- RCP: RM39.90 / RM44.90 ; RM54.90 / RM59.90
- High-quality LEDs maintain light quality, 15,000 burning hours and utilise EyeComfort technology.
Essential 13W Range Extension
- RCP: RM15.90
- Improve reliability with 500V Surge Protection and can last for up to 8 years
EcoFit LEDtube (EM Retrofit)1800lm (Trade)
- RCP: RM11.90
- Wide beam creating uniform light distribution and 15,000 hours lifetime
Battery pack Bulb which has Essential Emergency Light Bulb with Built-in Rechargeable Battery
- RCP: RM39.90
- Rechargeable built-in Lithium-Ion battery; the bulb will automatically activate in the event of a sudden power outage and will light for up to 2.5 hours.
- RCP: RM22.90
- High-performance diffuser for uniform lighting and with low glare and no flicker.
LS155S LED Strip 300lm 600lm 800lm
- RCP: RM99.90 ; RM199.90 ; RM129.90
- Can be used independently to provide primary lighting in a variety of irregular and curved spaces, as auxiliary illumination to partially illuminate spaces for a greater sense of depth and perspective, and as display lighting for cabinets and shelves.
Signify (Euronext: LIGHT) is the world leader in lighting for professionals and consumers and lighting for the Internet of Things. Our Philips products, Interact connected lighting systems and data-enabled services, deliver business value and transform life in homes, buildings and public spaces. With 2018 sales of EUR 6.4 billion, we have approximately 29,000 employees and are present in over 70 countries. We unlock the extraordinary potential of light for brighter lives and a better world. We have been named Industry Leader in the Dow Jones Sustainability Index for two years in a row. News from Signify is located at the Newsroom, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram. Information for investors can be found on the Investor Relations page.
ROOTS PR SDN. BHD - for Signify