LED Japan/Strategies in Light 2011 issues call for papers
The LED Japan Conference and Expo/Strategies in Light 2011 Advisory Board is now accepting abstracts for the conference, which will take place in Yokohama Japan on September 28-30.
The Call for Papers for the 2011 conference is now open. Abstracts should be submitted via the online abstract submittal form on the LED Japan Conference and Expo/Strategies in Light 2011 website.
All abstracts must be submitted by Friday, May 13, 2011.
Abstracts should focus on efforts to improve the quality and performance of LED lighting, activities that help accelerate the market adoption of LED lighting, as well as results from direct experiences of LED lighting applications.
The target audience includes buyers of LEDs, lighting designers, corporate R&D, light system designers, product engineers, technical management, sales, marketing and financial analysts.
To identify suitable subject areas, please look at Suggested Subject Areas & Themes (below).
All abstracts must be submitted in English, using the on-line form found on the LED Japan/Strategies in Light website: www.sil-ledjapan.com.
The main body of your abstract should be between 100 and 300 words. Abstracts will be selected by the LED Japan/Strategies in Light 2011 Advisory Board on the basis of technical content, audience interest and industry relevance. Abstracts with an overt marketing/sales/commercial subject will be rejected. Please do not submit abstracts that are scheduled to be presented at other LED-related conferences.
Please note: In submitting an abstract you are indicating your availability and willingness to attend and present a paper at LED Japan/Strategies in Light 2011, if selected, and to comply with all deadlines. Please ensure that the speaker and author details you are providing when submitting your abstract are correct as these will be used for pre-event marketing purposes.
For assistance on participating at the conference, please contact Karen Gallagher, Conference manager, at 1-603-891-9304 or email@example.com.
Suggested subject areas & themes (for guidance only)
- Market growth and outlook, penetration of LEDs into key applications, barriers to further market penetration
- Case studies of specific installations: cost and performance analysis, user feedback, lessons learned
- End-user requirements: lighting designers, specifiers, architects
- Regional- and country-specific activities to promote LED lighting
- Japanese activities to develop high-quality LED lighting products
- Quality control and labelling programs
- Customer awareness and acceptance, incentives and subsidies
- Funding from governments and investment community
- Standards development and implementation
- Supply and demand, capacity constraints, availability of materials and equipment
- Advanced chip design and lower-cost manufacturing; epitaxial growth and processing
- Luminaire design: role of thermal management, advanced packaging & optical concepts
- Advances in LED cost, performance, lifetime and reliability
- Color quality metrics, optical safety, test & measurement
- Development of OLEDs and other competing lighting technologies
- Drivers, dimming & control networks
- Replaceable modules and light engines