The BrightSpots LED Forum offers a platform for continuous dialogue that extends the life of a traditional panel event. Running October 4-15, 2010, the BrightSpots LED Forum will feature a lineup of industry experts exploring critical issues associated with HB-LED technology.
Anyone with an interest in LED manufacturing and design can join the Forum and contribute to the discussion.
Moderating the forum will be Tim Whitaker, editor-in-Chief and founder of LEDs Magazine. Panelists include industry leaders from throughout the HB-LED value chain:
- David Bour, Chief Technologist, LED Product Technology, Applied Materials
- Thomas Uhrmann, Business Development Manager, Compound Semiconductors and Si-based Power Devices, EV Group
- John Wilson, Consulting Engineering Manager, WRO, Mechanical Analysis Division, Mentor Graphics
- Willem Sillevis Smitt, Director of Strategic Marketing, Philips Lumileds
- Doug Anberg, Vice President, Advanced Stepper Technology, Ultratech
Among the questions already posted are:
- LED cost: What are the key drivers that will allow the continued reduction in the cost of light (dollars per lumen)?
- What can be done to improve customer satisfaction with regard to binning and color consistency?
- The LED industry shows major differences from the mature silicon IC and MEMS industries. How far can mature process technologies from these areas be transferred to the LED industry?
- What are benefits and hurdles of silicon-based wafer-level packaging of LEDs?
- Will the industry eventually shift to epitaxy on silicon wafers? What are the benefits and hurdles?