WEBCAST: Solar-Powered LED Lamp for Energy Savings
This on-demand webcast, available starting December 15, will discuss how to use solar power and LED light sources in concert to save energy.
Broadcast date: Available on-demand beginning on Thursday, December 15, 2011
Overview: Solar power, used to recharge batteries, and LED light sources that require only a fraction of the electricity as traditional incandescent bulbs, are an ideal combination to use for applications where energy savings and the environmental quality are important. This webcast will demonstrate how to create a simple, highly efficient constant-current boost driver circuit operating off a single cell Li-Ion battery recharged from a solar module.
You will learn:
• How to supply a constant current to an LED string in compact lighting applications.
• The advantages of Li-ion technology in this application.
• Environmental effects on a solar-powered LED lamp.
SPONSOR: ON Semiconductor
Global corporate headquarters are in Phoenix, Arizona. The company operates a network of manufacturing facilities, sales offices, and design centers in key markets throughout North America, Europe, and the Asia Pacific regions. Revenue totaled $1.769 Billion in 2009.
• Enables energy-efficient solutions for a greener world,
• Provides a broad array of products and solutions,
• Operates a world-class, value added supply chain.