Other applications have taken up some of the slack, including solid-state lighting and automotive. In fact, the market without mobile appliances grew at an impressive 22% growth rate for 2006 showing the willingness of the industry to seek out new applications.
On the production side, high-power (0.5W+) LEDs were the fastest growing product line in 2006 with a growth rate of 43%.
To understand this dynamic market and its driving forces, Strategies Unlimited has completed a comprehensive report that looks at the demand side of the high-brightness LED market. The report includes an applications review, worldwide market review, five-year market forecast (units, revenues and by package and material type) and a supplier market share analysis.
Now in its 8th edition, High-Brightness LED Market Review and Forecast – 2007 is the most recent in a series of reports published on the LED industry by Strategies Unlimited.
Applications forecasted through 2011 include:
- Mobile Appliances, including backlights
- Signs (full color and single color)
- Displays (LCD TVs and monitors, projectors)
- Signals (including balls and arrows)
- Automotive Interior and Exterior Lighting (emergency vehicles, signaling, rear lighting, forward lighting, headlamps)
- Illumination/Solid State Lighting (includes nine applications forecasted)
- Electronic equipment/other
High-Brightness LED Market Review and Forecast - 2007 will be available in mid-August from Strategies Unlimited. This report is available for a pre-publication price of $4950 through July 31, 2007. After July 31, 2007, the price will be $5450.