In 2009, while the global semiconductor market posted negative growth due to the worldwide recession, the HB LED market grew by 6.2%. Much of the growth came from an increase in LED display backlight penetration and growth in the illumination sector.
The longer-term outlook for the total HB LED market is highly positive. The forecast projects market growth averaging 29.5% per year, reaching over $19 billion by 2014. The application with the highest forecast growth rate is signs/displays, with a CAGR of 60.6%. Illumination has the next-highest growth rate, with a projected CAGR of 45.4%.
Now in its eleventh edition, High-Brightness LED: Market Review and Forecast – 2010 is the most comprehensive market research report currently available on the demand side of the high-brightness LED industry. It represents the culmination of over 15 years of market research activity by Strategies Unlimited; the world’s acknowledged authority on HB-LED market.
• Five-year market forecast (revenue and units) for the global HB LED market for 2010 – 2014
• Detailed forecast by material type (InGaN, InGaAlP) and package type (low, medium, or high power)
• Analysis of the major market applications including mobile appliances, signs and displays, signals, automotive, and illumination
• Outline of the worldwide markets in Japan, North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific region, and ROW
• The HB LED consumption patterns comparison by application and product type by geographic region
• Worldwide HB LED supplier market shares