Abstracts should be submitted via the online form which can be found on the Strategies in Light Europe website conference page.
Papers submitted should describe or demonstrate:
- Efforts to improve quality and performance of LED lighting
- Activities that help accelerate the market adoption of LED lighting
- Results from real-world LED lighting applications and installations
Papers will be selected by the SIL Europe Advisory Board on the basis of technical content, audience interest and industry relevance. Suggested subject areas and themes are listed below.
Papers with an overt marketing/sales/commercial subject will be rejected. Please do not submit presentations that are scheduled to be presented at other LED-related conferences.
Suggested subject areas & themes (for guidance only)
- Market growth and outlook, penetration of LEDs into key applications, barriers to further market penetration
- Case studies of specific installations: cost and performance analysis, user feedback, lessons learned
- Requirements and perspectives from lighting designers, specifiers, architects and other end-users
- Supply and demand, capacity constraints, availability of materials and equipment
- Advanced chip design and lower-cost manufacturing; epitaxial growth and processing
- Luminaire design: role of thermal management, advanced packaging & optical concepts
- Advances in LED cost, performance, lifetime and reliability
- Regional- and country-specific activities to promote LED lighting
- European activities to develop high-quality LED lighting products
- Quality control and labelling programs
- Customer awareness and acceptance, incentives and subsidies
- Funding from governments and investment community
- Standards development and implementation
- EU Directives: development and impact on LED market
- Color quality metrics, optical safety, test & measurement
- Development of OLEDs and other competing lighting technologies
- Drivers, and dimming & control networks
- Replaceable modules and light engines
Please note: In submitting an abstract you are indicating your availability and willingness to attend and present a paper at Strategies in Light Europe 2011, if selected, and to comply with all deadlines.
Please ensure that the speaker and author details you are providing when submitting your abstract are correct as these will be used for pre-event marketing purposes.
For information/assistance on submitting an abstract for the Call for Papers, please contact: Emily Pryor, Conference manager, Tel: +44 (0) 1992 656 614