Lighting Solution Development research shows distributor-direct commercial lighting rebate programs are increasing
Regardless of the program name, there has been a sharp increase in the number of these programs rebating commercial lighting. Ten years ago, these distributor-direct programs didn’t exist, however by late-January, 2016 Lighting Solution Development documented:
• 21 programs now paying rebates directly to distributors for commercial lighting products.
• These programs exist in the following 17 states: AR, CA, CO, CT, HI, IL, IN, MA, MD, ME, MN, OH, OR, UT, VT, WA, WV.
• 95% of these programs rebate LED screwbase lamps (including incandescent & HID replacements) for between $2 to $125 per lamp.
• 57% of these programs rebate LED downlight retrofit kits for between $5 to $30 per kit.
• A small number of programs rebated other commercial lighting products such as LED tubes, commercial fixtures, refrigeration case retrofits, exit sign retrofit kits, etc.
According to David Shiller, President of Lighting Solution Development, “We have found a steady and significant growth in the number of midstream/upstream programs that pay C&I lighting rebates directly to distributors. These are some of the easiest programs for manufacturers to leverage, in order to increase sales volumes.” For more information on distributor-direct rebate programs and how advanced lighting manufacturers can use them to grow sales, email Lighting Solution Development.
About Lighting Solution Development
Lighting Solution Development provides technical and marketing solutions to advanced lighting manufacturers, including the following consulting services: utility rebate representation, certification management, product development, recruiting, market research, compliance, and business development services.
Contact:David Shiller, President - Lighting Solution Development
Locate more general lighting vendors in the LEDs Magazine Suppliers Directory
Submit new products, case studies/projects, and other press releases at http://www.ledsmagazine.com/content/leds/en/addcontent.html.
More from Lighting Solution Development:
Lighting Solution Development partners with Compass Consultants on lighting business planning service
Lighting Solution Development and Anthem Federal provide federal contracts program for LED lighting manufacturers