Future Lighting Solutions enables intelligent lighting to enhance energy-saving potential of LEDs suite of solutions
Munich, Germany – Future Lighting Solutions today announced the upcoming release of a broad range of simple, robust, scalable, flexible and interoperable intelligent lighting systems, sub-systems and services to significantly enhance the energy-saving potential of solid state lighting. This initiative, known as the Intelligent Lighting Platform (ILP), assembles the most innovative hardware vendors of wireless, powerline communication (PLC), sensor, and LED driver products in order to develop comprehensive system solutions that are all seamlessly powered by a single network operating system (NOS) and software user interface.
The principal benefits and system solutions of the platform include:
• Supporting a wide range of communication technologies such as 2.4 GHz wireless, sub GHz wireless and PLC to address varying customer requirements for both indoor and outdoor lighting applications
• Enabling lighting customers to focus on their core competencies by providing simple certified wireless/PLC system controllers that output 0-10V, DALI, PWM and DMX signals to control any off-the-shelf dimmable LED drivers
• Providing certified LED drivers that incorporate the various communication technologies in order to enable highly integrated and compact systems
• Providing energy measurement systems that quantify and monitor the energy savings to validate the returns for implementing an intelligent lighting system
• Incorporating certified ambient light and motion/occupancy sensing systems to automatically turn on/off or dim luminaires for optimized energy savings
• Releasing remote control hardware products such as intelligent wall mount dimmers and touch screen LCD remote controls to locally control luminaires
• Enabling Internet connectivity of the luminaires via gateway hardware products and standard Web-based software to monitor and control lighting installations from a standard PC Web browser or mobile devices like the iPad and iPhone
“The key to enabling our ILP ecosystem concept is to closely align with the right software partner, and we have achieved this with Synapse Wireless,” said Patrick Durand, Future’s Worldwide Technical Director. “Once the software platform is established, Future will be working with leading edge hardware vendors to provide the simplest yet most comprehensive system solutions to enable intelligent lighting for the broader lighting market.”
“The Synapse NOS, known as SNAP®, can be ported on any microprocessor-based system to integrate it into a robust mesh network where it can then be easily controlled and monitored over the Internet,” added Wade Patterson, Synapse CEO. “As hardware technology evolves, this will make it possible for Future’s ILP customers to save time and money by seamlessly integrating the hardware improvements in their networks without having to make any wholesale changes.”
An interactive online demonstration can be arranged by contacting Future Lighting Solutions at email@example.com. The initiative will also be discussed at Future Electronics’ booth (Hall A4, Stand 259) at the Electronica trade show that opens today in Munich. The Future ILP is set to officially launch with a suite of system level intelligent lighting solutions in the first half of 2011.
About Synapse Wireless, Inc.
Synapse Wireless (www.synapse-wireless.com) provides easy-to-install, wireless network technology for the remote monitoring and control of intelligent lighting systems. Synapse’s SNAP® network operating system can interoperate among microprocessor, powerline, sensor, and LED driver environments, and make portable, seamlessly integrated, Internet-enabled application development fast, economical and reliable.
About Future Lighting Solutions
Future Lighting Solutions (www.futurelightingsolutions.com) is a leading provider of LED lighting components and support services for solid-state lighting products and installations, including engineering expertise, concept development, full system solutions and online tools that accelerate quality application development. The company is a division of Future Electronics.
Heather Goldsmith Future Lighting Solutions (514) 694-7710