Optek extends visible offering with family of surface-mount RGB LEDs
CARROLLTON, TX — Providing design engineers with a family of illumination devices designed to create colors along the entire visible spectrum, TT electronics OPTEK Technology has developed a comprehensive range of discrete RGB LEDs. Available in a variety of sizes and viewing angles, the full color surface mount family consists of LED modules that feature both flat and domed lenses.
According to Richard Saffa, vice president of OPTEK Technology’s Visible LED Business Unit, the comprehensive range of surface mount RGB LEDs has allowed OPTEK to expand into additional markets. “Not only are these RGB LEDs capable of producing all colors in the visible spectrum, but the wide variety of surface mount LED packages give design engineers a choice of dimensions, lens options and viewing angles,” Saffa explained. “Providing customers with an extensive range of RGB LEDs gives them illumination options that are ideal for a variety of applications, including portable appliances, as well as entertainment and amusement equipment.”
Additional applications for the RGB LED family include mobile phones and pagers; automotive interior and exterior lighting; indoor and outdoor signage and displays; telecommunications applications, such as indicators and backlighting in telephones and fax machines; camera flashes; and flat backlight devices, such as LCDs, membrane switches and symbols.
The full-color RGB surface mount LED family includes:
• The OVSTRGBAC6 full-color top-view chip LED with 110° viewing angle. Each chip in this device is individually addressable, providing color on-demand;
• The OVSTRGBFC6 full-color SMT chip LED is housed in a 3.5 x 3.0 x 1.4mm package and features multiple wide viewing angles;
• The OVSTRGBLC6 full-color top-view chip LED replicates the OVSTRGBAC6 but adds a lens over each die to narrow the viewing angles for applications where more focused emitted light is required;
• The OVSARGB3R8 full-color PLCC4 LED with 120° viewing angle. This LED package features a 3-die design and is compatible with automatic placement equipment as well as infrared and vapor phase reflow solder;
• The OVSTRGBBCR8 PLCC6 LED combines a wide viewing angle, low power consumption, tuneable color mix and high light output.
All of the surface mount RGB LEDs feature AllnGaP/InGaN material with water clear lenses.
The LC6 and FC6 LEDs have a pulsed forward current of 100mA and operating temperature is -30°C to +80°C. The AC6 top-view chip LED has a reverse voltage of 5V per chip and operating temperature is -30°C to +85°C.
The PLCC LED devices feature a reverse voltage of 5V, and a peak forward current of 200mA for the red LEDs and 100mA for the green and blue LEDs. Operating temperature range is -40°C to +100°C.
OPTEK will be exhibiting at Electronica 2006 from November 14-17 in Munich, Germany. Please visit them in hall A5, booth 106.
OPTEK Technology is a leading manufacturer of standard and application-specific sensors using infrared, visible, magnetic and fiber optic technologies focused on applications in office machines, industrial equipment, encoders, automotive electronics, military and high-reliability applications, and medical diagnostic equipment. Headquartered in Carrollton, TX, the company is ISO/TS16949:2002 and BS EN ISO 9001:2000 certified, as well as ITAR registered. OPTEK Technology was acquired by TT electronics in December 2003.
TT electronics plc is a global electronics company manufacturing a broad range of advanced electronic components, assemblies and sensor modules for the automotive, industrial, telecommunication, computer and aerospace markets.
Janie Haynie, Product Marketing Director Tel. +1 972-323-2200 Europe: JP Delaporte, email@example.com Asia: T.H. Swee, firstname.lastname@example.org