Saint-Gobain's closed-cell flame retardant silicone sponge for weather gasketing
COHRlastic® R10400 M is a flame retardant closed cell sponge recognized to UL 94 V-0 requirements. This product is available in seven different thicknesses and delivers medium firmness, making it suitable for a wide range of gasketing applications. The material is flexible and compressible with excellent weatherability and non-stick properties. In addition, R10400 M is post-cured to minimize volatiles for a clean gasketing application.
• Flame retardant lighting gaskets
• Electronic and environmental high temperature seals
• Electronic and environmental weather gasketing for items like streetlights
• Flame retardant insulation gasketing for aircraft bulkheads
• Flame retardant vibration damping gaskets and seals
R10400 M utilizes the high consistency silicone rubber (HCR) chemistry. This provides superior mechanical strength properties such as improved tear strength, abrasion resistance and tensile strength over other silicone rubber systems. Through the HCR process, R10400 M maintains a very uniform closed cell structure ensuring enhanced sealing properties. This specialty formulation is also designed for use in extreme temperature applications (-100°F to 500°F) allowing the specifying engineer a wide latitude.
Optional acrylic and silicone pressure sensitive adhesives (PSA) are available. The factory-applied PSA eliminates messy secondary adhesive application. The proprietary priming process ensures adequate bond to the silicone sponge.
• UL 94 V-0 recognized, in thicknesses from 1/16" – 1/2"
• True closed cell silicone sponge for enhanced sealing properties due to uniform cell structure formed during the HCR curing process
• Unique HCR silicone chemistry provides superior mechanical properties (increased tensile/elongation and tear strength) over competitive materials
• Silicone provides a very wide temperature use range of -100°F to 500°F
• Excellent environmental resistance to UV and ozone
• Excellent corrosion and fungus resistance
• Post-cured at extremely high temperature/ time cycle to reduce silicone out-gassing
• High dielectric strength provides electrical insulation
• Available with acrylic or silicone PSA as an option
Also available from Saint-Gobain:
K275: Kapton tape, with 2 side conductive adhesive
C675: Aluminum foil tape, with 2 sides conductive adhesive
TR3-5: Thermally conductive transfer adhesive
Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics 14 McCaffrey Street Hoosick Falls, NY 12090 Customer Service: (800) 962-2666 Tel: (518) 686-7301